1 big eggplant
(zucchini too if you wish)
extra-virgin olive oil
WHAT TO DO
1.Cut the eggplant (and zucchini) into thin slices.
2. Cook them on a grill pan, or grill, or directly over the flame on the stove until the little brown lines of grilling show up. Flip and cook on the other side.
3. Lay the grilled veggies in a large shallow dish, lightly season wtih the oil, vinegar, oil and salt. Taste the veggies before you season them, because usually they’re so flavorful they barely need seasoning. Enjoy!
Olive oil for frying (and/or mixed with sunflower or vegetable oil)
White wine vinegar
What to Do:
1. Prep Veggies. Wash & dry peppers, cut in half and remove seeds and stems.
2. Heat oil in pan until nearly smoking. (It’s hot enough when something dropped in starts to pop or crackle.)
3. Fry peppers until skins start to blister. Remove onto paper towels to cool
4. Once cool, slice into strips. Add breadcrumbs, capers, chopped mint, a light sprinkle of vinegar and salt to taste. Toss.
Yum! Eat with crusty Pugliese bread or by itself. Great with a strong red wine like Primitivo (or its sister the Zinfindel), Negroamaro or any great Puglese Rosè.