Rice (2 spoons per tomato)
1 clove garlic
Salt & Pepper
WHAT TO DO
1. PREPARE TOMATOES: Wash the tomatoes. Cut the tops off. Scoop pulp, seeds and juice into a bowl.
2. MAKE FILLING: Add mashed garlic, choped parsley, salt, pepper and washed rice to the bowl of tomato pulp.
3. The filling needs to be WET so the rice cooks, so add liquid as needed. Try 2 tablespoons – 1/2 cup water, tomato juice or white wine. To ensure that the rice cooks, it’s best to let the filling sit for an hour.
4. Spoon the rice into tomatoes, but don’t pack it in. It needs to get wet and juicy to cook!
5. Cook in the oven at 350 for 40 minutes.